Member Services Coordinator
Shannone is a very proud, born and raised Michigander who came to the Sunrise Side on vacation and never left! She and her husband enjoy their empty nest lifetsyle and spend many hours on the beaches and waterways of Iosco County. Small business is her passion though, which makes her a natural fit at the Chamber. She started out as a volunteer and then we persuaded her to become our Member Services Coordinator. She actively engages and promotes our local Chamber businesses, works to grow our membership and, together with Sam, helps coordinate and plan our annual events. She loves to meet new people so stop by our office and say Hi!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
RYAN LADLEY, PRESIDENT
Tawas Bay Insurance Agency
KEITH FRANK, VICE PRESIDENT
Tawas Bay Players
LISA ERNST, TREASURER
Gracik & Gracik, P.C.
SANDI BRADLEY, DIRECTOR
Bradley Insurance Agency
ANNGE HORNING, IMMEDIATELY PAST PRESIDENT
City of Tawas City
BRENT BARRINGER, EAST TAWAS REPRESENTATIVE
City of East Tawas
RICH CASTLE, DIRECTOR
JON LOOK, DIRECTOR
Iosco County Medical Care Facility
JOHN KLINGER, DIRECTOR
Tawas Area Schools
Bob Thomas, DIRECTOR
Huron Community Bank
YOUTH ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
The Tawas Area Chamber of Commerce Youth Engagement Program is designed to be that experience. Those chosen will be composed of high school students who share an interest in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
This program will provide a high quality, organized and focused volunteer experience to the students who are interested in promoting the community and business prosperity through advocacy and network development.
MISSION OF THE YOUTH BOARD MEMBERS
Youth Board Members will:
- Provide a youth perspective
- Provide a voice for young people who will be affected by the Board’s decisions
- Bring a deeper understanding of the youth-related issues you’re considering
- Recruit youth volunteers
- Explain the Chamber’s policies, programs, mission, etc. to other youth
- Help with public relations as the “youth face” of the organization
- Find out how boards and organizations work, and learning the meeting, facilitation, listening, diplomatic, and other skills necessary to be engaged and active in the community, and to take on leadership when appropriate.
WHAT DO YOUTH BOARD MEMBERS DO?
- Participate in meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making.
- Assist in developing in project ideas
- Assist/participate in project management and implementation
BENEFITS OF BEING A YOUTH BOARD MEMBER:
- Access to leadership in both business and government
- Gain a high quality, organized, and focused leadership development experience
- Learn about municipal governments and community-based organizations with an emphasis in collaboration
- Learn how to lead and follow for community enhancement
- Scholarship toward continued education
- Opportunity for references from community leaders/business owners
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
- Nine (9) months starting in September and ending in May. Attendance in June, July and August is encouraged, but not required. (All meetings are to be held at the Tawas Area Chamber of Commerce office located at 228 Newman Street; East Tawas, MI 48763, unless previous arrangements are made)
- Monthly Board meetings held the 2nd Wednesday at 8:00 am – 9:30am.
- Committee Meetings
- Attend volunteer sessions
- Students who are entering their junior or senior year; who attend Tawas Area High School, Alternative Education Academy or are home-schooled and are interested in helping their community
VOLUNTEERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY ARE NEEDED
Call 989-362-8643 to volunteer at the Tawas Area Chamber of Commerce